Sense Solar Home Energy Monitor
What is Sense Solar Home Energy Monitor?
The Sense solar home energy monitor is designed to help you track and monitor energy consumption in real-time, find problems, and adjust your usage patterns to save money in the long run, pairing Sense with your home solar installation, it opens up a whole to the IoT world connected devices.
Design and Features
- Real-time Insights: See exactly how much energy your solar panels produce, consume and sell back to the grid in real-time.
- Learn Your Home’s Energy Profile: Track how much energy you’re making and using over time side-by-side in a single view detail by day, week, month, year, and billing cycle. So you can compare solar production and energy consumption, saving you energy and money.
- See What’s On: Get a view into your home energy anywhere, see when your device goes on, and track what time your kids got home, or when someone leaves the basement light on. The sense will really help you and your family to be more efficient, informed, and secure.
- Avoid Disaster: Set custom alert notifications for critical devices, like your pump sump or well, or flat iron, to know when certain devices turn on and off.
- Track Time Usage Rates: You can input your rate zones for more accurate billing costs, and set push notifications to alert you when entering peak zones.
- Devices Detection: Sense uses machine learning technology to recognize most appliances and other devices that use more than 60 watts. Typically, in the first month after it’s installed the Sense energy monitor can detect up to 12 devices, and up to 30 devices after 12 months.
- Voice Control Integration: Sense integrates with select IoT devices like Hue, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and smart plugs from TP-Link/Kasa and Wemo, and gives you the possibility to control with your voice or inside the Sense app.
- Rigorously Tested For Safety: The Sense energy monitor has been tested to UL and IEC standards for safety and certified by ETL/Intertek as safe to install in your electrical panel. In the condition that any device inside your electrical panel should be designed and certified to meet the highest safety standards.
What’s in The Box
- 1x Sense monitor
- 2x Current Sensors
- 1x Antenna
- 1x Power Cable
- 1x Mounting Bracket
- Additional Set of Current Sensors (2 pcs)
Setup and Installation
Sense Solar Home Energy Monitor Review
- Provides insight into your home’s complete electricity usage
- Easy to install
- No ongoing monthly fees
- Can take a long time to detect different gadgets
- doesn't have an API or developer program
- doesn't have an option for an ethernet port
Specification: Sense Solar Home Energy Monitor