OpenZmeter Smart Energy Meter
What is OpenZmeter Smart Energy Meter
OpenZmeter (oZm) is an Open Source system designed to help with power quality analysis and smart energy metering in power networks. It has been designed to comply with international standards IEC 61000-4-30 and EN 50160. It is able to measure RMS voltages with an accuracy of up to 0.1%, frequency up to 10 MHz (between 42.5 and 57.5 Hz), and RMS currents according to different sensor probes (the basic version can handle up to 265 VRMS and 35 ARMS using an onboard Hall effect sensor with a precision of 1%).
Design and Features
- Phasor representation: Visually show phase angles between voltages and currents. In addition, symmetrical components are displayed for three-phase systems.
- Raw samples: Real-time wave for voltage, current, and power, all of them can be exported to CSV.
- Full spectrum: Voltage and current FFT can be displayed and exported.
- Events: Standard power quality events (RVC, swell, dips and interruptions) detection and detailed storage. Full voltage wave and RMS values pre and post-event can be displayed.
- Consumption and generation: Valid for renewable energy systems. Measurements in all four quadrants. Comply with international standards: All measures are in accordance with IEC 61000-4-30 and EN 50160.
- Aggregations: 200ms, 3 seconds, 1 minute, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, and 1-hour aggregation intervals automatically generated. Data is efficiently computed to reduce needed storage and speed up data recovery over long periods.
- WEB interface: Innovative and responsive interface based on the latest web technologies with access to most of the system functions and settings.
- Alert system: Allow computing customized alarms from available variables and arbitrary formulas. Notification via Telegram bot.
- Flexible inputs: Analyze up to four single-phase circuits with only one device, or one three-phase circuit including neutral current.
- Energy heat map: Fast and intuitive view of annual power consumption. Additional views with calendar, month, and weekday statistics.
- Tariffs support an Advanced cost calculator, compatible with most countries’ models, and easy to extend.
- Battery backup: Power outages can be recorded and stored, including event information.
- WIFI and Bluetooth: Access from any smartphone, browse available wireless networks and connect to them with a few steps.
- Time synchronization: Time can be set manually or automatically with the NTP server.
- API: An advanced application program interface allow access to all functions from external software.
- Remote access: Transparent access to your device from anywhere, even in private networks. Manage your devices from one single web page.
- Other protocols: Access analysis variables from other devices with Modbus/TCP, MQTT, and others.
- Multi User: Allow multiple access with configurable permissions.
OpenZmeter Setup and Installation
- How to access oZm for the first time using Bluetooth
- How to install your oZm in an Electrical Box
- OpenZmeter Manual Documentation
OpenZmeter Smart Energy Meter Review
- Phasor representation
- Raw samples
- Full spectrum
- Consumption and generation
- WEB interface
- Alert system
- Flexible inputs
- Energy heat map
- Battery backup
- WIFI and Bluetooth
- Time synchronization
- Remote access
- Other protocols