Aeotec Smart Multipurpose Sensor
What is Aeotec Smart Multipurpose Sensor?
The Aeotec multipurpose sensor enables you to receive alerts when a door or window is opened or closed and monitor the temperature in a room through the SmartThings app from anywhere. In addition, you’ll be able to set connected smart devices, such as lights doors, windows, or cabinets – or when the temperature reaches a set level. You can also place the sensor on a cabinet, drawer, safe, or jewelry box to monitor and secure the inside of your home and protect children and unwanted persons from accessing dangerous or off-limit areas.
Design and Features
- Multipurpose Sensor: All-in-one open/close, vibration, orientation, angle (tilt), and temperature sensor.
- Instant Notifications: Receive instant alerts in your phone if a door, window, cabinet or drawer opens unexpectedly or if you forget to close them.
- Voice Control: You can integrate the sensor with Google, and Amazon Alexa to control it with voice commands.
- Control Temperatures: Let your smart devices create a convenient indoor climate by connecting thermostats or A/C units to your SmartThings App.
- Control Other Devices: When paired with the Aeotec smart home hub you can easily and automatically control connected devices throughout your home using the Multipurpose sensor as an event trigger.
- Easy to Install: The Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor can be easily installed on doors and windows and monitors them by using a magnetic and acceleration sensor.
- Vibration Detection: The built-in gyro sensor notices even the slightest vibrations. Then you’ll receive notifications on your SmartThings App if somebody knocks on the door anywhere at any time.
What’s in The Box
- 1x Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor
- 1x Magnetic ball mount
- 3M adhesive strips
- 1x CR2032 battery
- User manual
- Health and safety guide
Setup and Installation
- Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor User Guide(PDF)
- Aeotec ZigBee SmartThings Multi Sensor Quick Start Guide(PDF)
Requirements: SmartThings App and Aeotec Smart Home Hub / Samsung SmartThings Hub or any device compatible with SmartThings Hub functionality.
Safety Information: Read and follow the health and safety guide instructions. Clean only with a dry cloth. Do not install near any heat sources such as heat registers, radiators, stoves, or audio amplifiers.
Aeotec Smart Multipurpose Sensor Review
- Multipurpose Sensor
- Instant Notifications
- Voice Control
- Control Temperatures
- Control Other Devices
- Easy to Install
- Vibration Detection
- The sensor can frequently disconnects if their away from the hub
Specification: Aeotec Smart Multipurpose Sensor